Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Saying goodbye to Istanbul...

for now.

Before my update on the bombing here, my parents were in town for roughly ten days. I acted as a tour guide (yay) and showed them some of my favorite parts of Istanbul. They then treated myself and several of my friends to a very chill weekend in Bodrum, a town on the Aegean Sea. It was really nice to just have a weekend to relax. Oh, we also went to Greece for the day (the island of Kos).

I am hastily writing this entry and failing at being any sort of descriptive due to the fact that I leave in less than 24 hours for a 10 day excursion to Western Europe (UK, Ireland, Spain). Really not excited for the pound/euro but it will be really cool to see where some of my ancestors are from (hello McCormick, Johnston heritage!).

I will return to Istanbul for 2 and a half days before saying my final goodbye. I don't even want to go there. Expect some updates on Western Europe adventures followed by a very sappy, emotional goodbye to Istanbul (as well as pictures when I get around to it).

Can't believe I'll be waking up in America in 2 weeks. I'm so thankful for every single day I've had here.

Iyi akşamlar!

0 comments:

Post a Comment